filter by letter of the alphabet

I would like to add a list of the alphabet to the right side of the interface so that when a user clicks on a letter (eg. "A") they only see the results that begin with that letter (eg. apple, apricot NOT banana, clementine). I want to keep the search box as well. This would essentially give users two ways to search for/filter data.

I don't seem to be able to find a way to add anything to the view except what is already placed there by appsheets in the generation of the view.

Is what I'd like to do possible within the system?

I am not great at coding so maybe there is a solution related to coding that I just cannot come up with myself. I can follow instructions on how to code something, I'm just not at a point where I understand how to build something out from scratch myself.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

alealbright

0 1 62
1 REPLY 1

Create an additional column whose value is solely the first letter you want to be the basis of the filter, and enable its Searchable property. Use the Enum type, and configure its values to be each individual letter. You can use an app formula expression like the following to populate the letter.

LEFT([Column], 1)

Top Labels in this Space