filtering map view

I have two tables:  Jobs, filter

Dashboard to show map view of all jobs and a filter view to narrow the search.

The map view is a slice of jobs table.  I want different filter for the jobs on the map.

filter table

[location]

[city]

[state]

my filter on the job slice

if(isnotblank(jobs[company name]), in([company name], jobs[company name]), True)

For the filters table, I use employers[company name] in the valid_if to create a dropdown box to filter.

The map view just shows all the jobs.  It won't filter.

0 5 418
5 REPLIES 5

I assume that your "filter" table just have one row and you update the [location], [city] and [state] by a detail view with quick edits.

Leaving that out, please tell us the columns that correspond to the Jobs where it should match location, city and state.

Also, I don't get the "Employers[Company name]" part. Why it's there?

I may have not get it, but your description is not that clear.

Screenshots of your tables would be appreciated in order to help

icarecenter_0-1646449198545.png

The filter table does have only one row.  

Jobs have the same name for the rows.

icarecenter_1-1646449401215.png

I also have an employers table where I pull the company name for the drop down box in the filter form.

icarecenter_2-1646449536942.pngicarecenter_3-1646449609854.png

the employers[company name] from the table employers just helps me populate the dropdown in the filter view.

Your filter table is a litle weird, it seems you are using it for more than just filtering.

Anyway, your expression was not that wrong, try:

IF(
  ISNOTBLANK(
    INDEX(FILTERS[COMPANY NAME], 1)
  ),
  [COMPANY NAME]=INDEX(FILTERS[COMPANY NAME], 1),
  0=0
)

Is my filter table wrong?  Those are fields that I would like the user to be able to filter.

ex:  company name, date range, city, state, zip, etc...

I only including company name for simplicity.  I don't quite understand the expression.  If I wanted to add more filters, how would I add that in?

It depends.

If you want more filters, you just would add IF() for each one and wrap everythin on AND().

The problem is that you may want to also allow the user to select just the options available based on the already filtered data. For example, if the Company Name is selected, you would want to just allow cities on the filtered data, that might be a little bit tricky.

Anyway, try the expression I made and come back after that

Top Labels in this Space