format the viewnames for larger displays

hi all, 

im trying to build an app for larger display screens.

i built a dashboard viewtype with multiple views.

how would i change the viewnames so that it shows up on the display proportionately , 

all i was able to change is using the format to update the font size for the row values in the individual types in the dashboard. the dashboard looks  rather bit odd compared to the contents.

anyway or possibility to change the format of viewnames in the dashboard? to increase the font size .

Solved Solved
0 14 588
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Another workaround is to use the grouping for that purpose as you can add a format rule to it. It would show something like this..

AleksiAlkio_0-1688451101657.png

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Sorry, I guess I did not understand what you want. Do you have a screenshot to show what you need?

the dashboard panel view name and the contents in side the view:

sandeepraon_2-1688144632466.png

sandeepraon_1-1688144194648.png

@sandeepraon , it sounds that you are essentially looking for having view names with large fonts.

Please evaluate if something like the following image will work for you. If so, I will share a short description of the implementation.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1688447126574.png

Yes this would be perfect @Suvrutt_Gurjar for my current implementation. 

could you please explain or write up some implementation steps for me , 

appreciate all the suggestions 

Hi @sandeepraon .

I think Aleksi's  suggestion is simpler. I would suggest please try that first.

You can add format rules to group by columns as well.

Hi @Suvrutt_Gurjar , aleksi solution would be perfect as well for usecases where i can group the entries. but in my case i dont have a group by column that reflects the rows  that im displaying under the view.

sandeepraon_0-1688467732027.png

basically my usecase involves logic to separate the rows based on the cone numbers vs rows grouped by a column name -  for which i cannot group the rows displayed under the view.

But you could add an additional column with the initial value and then use that for the grouping. Then it has nothing to do with the data itself.

Thanks @AleksiAlkio , glad you brought this up. 

Initially i was hesitant in creating new columns in the gsheet as i was under the assumption that only create columns for data that is actually needed and not for cosmetics. but after your message i thought of virtual columns and created one and had the formatting done. 

sandeepraon_0-1688469904161.png

Now the follow-up question is how do i make the original view name blank as from your screenshot you had that blank. which makes it logical to see only one name on the top and not have duplicates as per my screenshot above.

One step closer to the resolution . thanks for pushing me into creating columns and grouping that way. this is more simplistic and intune with the way we want it to display on the screens .

You can play with the Display value. If you write " ", it doesn't show anything.

Thank you so very much @AleksiAlkio and @Suvrutt_Gurjar, this resolved my issue. and im very pleased with the app and the community members - the responses are prompt and a huge high fives to all the contributing members.

i have never seen such a prompt responses though out my IT experience for over 15 years in this industry. this seems more like a premium support with appsheet. where other companies charge a huge  for providing support to find help with using the vendor products.

You're welcome. We are all just doing this as volunteers. More you share, more you learn!

Questions like this should be posted in the AppSheet Q&A board, where they're more likely to be seen by someone who can provide an answer and won't confuse anyone subscribed to this Tips & Tricks board for the type of content it's intended for. I suggested to moderators that they move the post.

Another workaround is to use the grouping for that purpose as you can add a format rule to it. It would show something like this..

AleksiAlkio_0-1688451101657.png

I already posted this on the feature idea section. Nothing!!!

Top Labels in this Space