function for AppSheet

Hi guys! I don't understand how you can configure the filtering function for reference strings. I have a table of compatibility between a form and a product. I just want the list of products compatible with it to be filtered in the table where the form is filled out. I wrote a Filter function for the initial values โ€‹โ€‹of this list. but doesn't work. I tried to make Select but it always writes that the expected type is List, not a link. I do not understand how to do it right, I have been suffering for a long time. help me pleaseะกะบั€ะธะฝัˆะพั‚ 26-07-2023 233134.jpgะกะบั€ะธะฝัˆะพั‚ 26-07-2023 233032.jpg

Solved Solved
1 4 135
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If understanding of your requirement is correct, then in the Product id1(ref) column of the Form table , you could try a valid_if expression of 

FILTER( "Compatibility Table", [Form ID]=[_THISROW].[Form ID])

Edit: I think the expression needs to be as follows because FILTER() will return key column values of the Compatibility table and not "Product IDs"

SELECT(Compatibility Table[Product ID], [Form ID]=[_THISROW].[Form ID])

Note : The above suggestion is based on just the description given and screenshot shared. Since the column names are in different language than English, I have made some assumptions. Also I could not use Google translate because the column names are in screenshot , so those cannot be copied for translating. If the above suggestion does not work, you may need to share the column names and table names in text format.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I have several types of products suitable for the form, and not one, so this solution does not work. i need to get a filtered list of reference strings to select

If understanding of your requirement is correct, then in the Product id1(ref) column of the Form table , you could try a valid_if expression of 

FILTER( "Compatibility Table", [Form ID]=[_THISROW].[Form ID])

Edit: I think the expression needs to be as follows because FILTER() will return key column values of the Compatibility table and not "Product IDs"

SELECT(Compatibility Table[Product ID], [Form ID]=[_THISROW].[Form ID])

Note : The above suggestion is based on just the description given and screenshot shared. Since the column names are in different language than English, I have made some assumptions. Also I could not use Google translate because the column names are in screenshot , so those cannot be copied for translating. If the above suggestion does not work, you may need to share the column names and table names in text format.

Thanks a lot! You helped me!

Top Labels in this Space