get multiple matched values by lookup

i have 2 table, both have common Column named "design code" from first table i want to import "image column" to 2nd table if "design code" match. i used lookup formula, and it succeed, but problem is there first table has same "design code" column value multiple times, like "501" "501" 2 times and for both "image column" has 2 different images, so now when i use look up formula it shows any one images matched from any one design code, but i want to show all matched images.  @Steve leventk

Capture 2.PNGCapture 3.PNGCapture.PNG

0 6 102
6 REPLIES 6

Look the doc of lookup. It returns one element and its equivalent to any(select()). 

So don't use lookup but select function and modify your view to manage list and not one value

what will my formula will be in that case to use select() ? can you please help?

i used expression it shows error like (screenshot) and if i change column type to list, value comes in text of image, not image (as screenshot)

Capture 4.PNGCapture 5.PNG

This is what I said you must rethink your design UI to show a list of item instead one only item. Your column image in your previous  reply can only have one image.

Maybe rethink your data logic too for having a list of image or having multiple rows for each item and his image

sorry, not getting it.

either you display a single image, and in this case you can stick with a lookup() and just refine to be sure of the image displayed.
either you want to display all images, but in this case, cusomised image must be a list of images.
or have in the second table as many lines with the same ref to the first table as there are images to display and therefore each line has a very distinct image.

Please evaluate if the two tables you have mentioned can have a reference relationship. In that case you will be able to display multiple images in the gallery view as an inline view in the detail view of the parent table.

References between tables - AppSheet Help

For example, in the sample app Custom Tour Guide App - AppSheet from the article Get started by using the sample apps - AppSheet Help , there are multiple attractions listed as inline deck view for each category. Instead of deck view you could have gallery view as an inline view.

Top Labels in this Space