hiding "add" action of referenced items based on "valid if" statement doesn't follow the logic

Hello again and thanks all for your efforts.

I have an app which generates a report based on some parts that are added as line items.  The parts are "part of" the report and therefor reference the report ID to create the line items.

I can add a part to the report and everything works well.  I have created an action called "Send Report"  that also removes the ability to edit the report afterwards.  These conditional edits depend on a column called "Report Sent?".  

The ability to edit the report columns themselves works perfectly.  You can see that the edit and delete icons have been removed when the "Report Sent?" = true.

No Valid If Statement.png

But...

I can still add line items to the report.

Ok makes sense, I have to move my valid if logic to the line item level action "Add", no problem. When I use a valid if statement on the line items "Add" action, no mater what I try, the ability to "Add" is removed for line items on ALL of the reports, not just the ones that have been sent using the "Send Report" action, even though my expression does reflect the proper value, as seen below. 

Expression Result.png

Any result with a N (report send? DOES NOT EQUAL FALSE) or report sent = true should remove the "Add" line item and any result with a Y should remove the "Add" button.

But what actually happens does not follow the logic, it just removes the "Add" in ALL cases  as shown in the two photos below.

Report Sent = False.pngReport Sent = True.png

What I have done:

Confirm that the "Report Sent" column is accurately reflecting the state of the report. It is correct. See above photo for expression and result.  

Tested other variables for the logic like client_name.  Same result, all line item "Add" buttons are removed 

Any ideas?

I'm always worried that I am missing some larger picture issues with my data structure and the limitations of a platform that you only find through trial and error.

Thanks everyone who reads this!

0 1 68
1 REPLY 1

Better idea:
1) Add a slice that has no permission for adds, or other limitations you may need.
2) Add another "Related blabla" virtual column that points to the new slice instead of the whole table.

Use Show If to switch between the original Related and the Slice one based on [Report Sent].

PS: You don't need to compare Y/N fields, just use them when you want Yes or flip them with NOT()

Top Labels in this Space