how to generate XLSX attachment file template that has Start: or If expression outside the table

I have the below attachment template in google docs (both in docs and sheets as below photos)

I use Bot to send email with attachment as xlsx file

But when I download the attachment file sent by Bot, I could not open it, it said wrong format

Could you advise my how to correct construct the attachment template in google docs as below ? 

- Template in doc :

kvngo94_0-1651033358420.png

- Template in sheet : ( I got error when putting expressions like this, but I have no idea how to put it within 1 table )

kvngo94_0-1651040038799.png

- I tried to put in Excel template in Doc template structure, but it shall not work 

kvngo94_0-1651040577778.png

******Below is what I want to generate in excel file :  

kvngo94_0-1651039747882.png

0 5 588
5 REPLIES 5

Please post this in "Q&A" section.

Thanks Survutt, I posted again in the Q and A section

I'd say you are using excel wrong.

Excel creates files to manipulate data, not to make a flashy template with it, although a lot of people make use of it like that.

Using Microsoft Excel templates | AppSheet Help Center

Thanks SkrOYC, 

I guess I'll use PDF for purchase orders instead

Just that I wanted them to be in excel format so that who receives the orders and can quickly work in excel file (and import data to their ERP system if needed)

You can still make an xlsx file if you want to send them the items of the PO as a range on excel for them to copy and paste wherever they need.

You could also make an HTML template and send them the PO that way, which may be a little bit better than a plain pdf

Top Labels in this Space