how to get the LatLong() from address

Hello, I have a column [address] stored someoneโ€™s city address. The column[address] type is address . The [address] can be shown on Appsheet map view. If I want to get the distance from here() to [address],how can I do?
How to get the value of LatLong() from the [address]?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Solved Solved
0 11 478
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

One of the newer features of the AppSheet platform is the ability to call a script and wait for a return value, which you can then use for whatever else you want down-line in your automation

To demonstrate this, I've put together a how-to app:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

thanks for your solution!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

One of the newer features of the AppSheet platform is the ability to call a script and wait for a return value, which you can then use for whatever else you want down-line in your automation

To demonstrate this, I've put together a how-to app:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks for your solution!

You're welcome!  (^_^)

Small moonwalker.gif

Bei mir weisen die beide Scripts einen Code-Fehler auf!!!

https://youtu.be/aAizmz4X0nE?si=p0L3GdOb8-yM58-s

Aquรญ mi amigo Fabio te puede ayudar 

I copied the App, but it does not seem to work for me.
I can select an LatLong on the map and save, or I can enter my address and the save......in both cases 'the other field' stays empty.
What am I doing wrong?

@RensD Check that the script is okay.

There is a technical limitation when copying an app that uses scripts that most likely needs to be addressed:

• You might need to "re-connect" the script file to the app
  • This is necessary because an app can only have a script connected to it by the app owner.
    • And since you copied the app, technically you weren't the one that added the script - I was (or something weird).

How to fix:

1. Open the bot that runs the script, and find a task that runs the script.
  2. Find the 'Apps Script Project' and click the "Open" button
      - This will open the script in a new browser window, so you can see it and confirm you have access.  (It's a publicly shared script.)
  3. Next click on the script file selector back in the editor, this opens the file selector dialogue.
  4. Search for "Simple Geocode"
      - If you do not find this (which is possible, as the file is not technically located inside your data source):  make a copy of the script into your Google drive.  Then go back through these steps and select YOUR script to use in the app.
  5. Authorize the script (if necessary), and you should be good to go.

Thanks Matt.
Now it works.
Tanks for a great explanation as always.
I'm a fan. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi MultiTech, 

Are you still be able to find Address from Latlong ? It seems not working with me, though I can find the Latlong from Address using your solution. Thanks.

I rearranged some things in the script, worked for me in a test.

Make a copy of the updated LatlongToAddress() function and try it now.

It's working now, thank you so much!

Top Labels in this Space