how to immediately sync my app if an external data change to google sheet is made

Hi,

I have external data changes to the google sheet on which my app is based.

How can this data change immediately sync the data in my app?
I installed the AppSheets events and created an event for "Data Change"-"All changes" and added a bot with this event, but do not know which process to configuer, so I added simple "return vales" step.
But nothing happens if the google sheet data is changed.

Any ideas? Thank you, Joachim

Solved Solved
0 2 119
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

You can't. Your app is just a client, there is no way to tell each client to sync.
You can force sync on start which is a config for every time your users open their apps

View solution in original post

Agreed.

One thing to consider is setting up notifications (email,sms,push) for all users, when there is a new record, that tells them to manually sync. You can also include a deeplink in the notif that has a force sync parameter in the URL.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

You can't. Your app is just a client, there is no way to tell each client to sync.
You can force sync on start which is a config for every time your users open their apps

Agreed.

One thing to consider is setting up notifications (email,sms,push) for all users, when there is a new record, that tells them to manually sync. You can also include a deeplink in the notif that has a force sync parameter in the URL.

Top Labels in this Space