how to make hyperlink clickable and move to url page?

Does anyone know how to make this link clickable and move to the URL webpage? Thank you

Clickable Link.png

Solved Solved
0 10 668
  • UX
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Create a column of type Show and category Url. Include that column at that point in your form.

View solution in original post

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

with "Show" type, you must enter the expression in "content" field. Not Formula ๐Ÿ™‚

Aurelien_1-1654265354593.png

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @johnni88 

Set column type to "URL" ๐Ÿ˜‰

but in a form view, you won't have any action available.

You will have the actions on most of the other view types

I have tried other views but nothing seems to work. Can you recommend a view you use? or, -

could you give me an example of how to go about it? I figure it should be easy enough but I cant seem to get the link to become clickable. it is sitting there tempting me in the dark but it doesn't click lol

Even if I cant get it working on the form view, I just need to know how to do it for the future. I will be in position again I figure sooner or later.

Thanks for your help

John ๐Ÿ™‚

Here is an example: Detail view type

Aurelien_0-1654261741385.png

the column structure:

Aurelien_4-1654261974304.png

Make sure in the panel Behavior/Actions, you have this one:

Aurelien_2-1654261820645.png

And make sure to have this enabled (at the very bottom of this same view), so that you can see all system actions. (Hide/Show system actions). Otherwise you won't be able to see the action above in the app editor.

Aurelien_3-1654261862543.png

mmmm.....i seem to have everything correct but to no avail ๐Ÿ˜• I will keep trying a few different things. Thanks again...

clickable link 3.png

clickable link 2.png

โ€ƒโ€ƒ

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Create a column of type Show and category Url. Include that column at that point in your form.

I am trying both to no avail. I think this is what you mean?

clickable 4.png

Show.png

โ€ƒโ€ƒ

is there a formula, expressions or something i need to add?

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

with "Show" type, you must enter the expression in "content" field. Not Formula ๐Ÿ™‚

Aurelien_1-1654265354593.png

There is something im obviously missing im sorry. I have checked everything and it all seems to be in line. 

I'm trying to hyperlink www.what3words.com for my workers to locate specific areas where I need them to be at.

Can I please ask 1 last favour and have you suggest how to write an expression for that please? Im still new to expressions and only slowly getting my head around it now.

I will have to tackle it tomorrow, I will need to go to sleep soon. Thank you for all your help!! ๐Ÿ™‚

1.png

Hi Aurelian

I got it working ๐Ÿ™‚ My tables in google sheets werent set up correctly ๐Ÿ˜• anyway I learnt my lesson. Thanks for your help!

Top Labels in this Space