how to open a Form view of a referenced table with prefilled data? just like "add" button on ref tb

Sorry if it sounded confusing guys.

Whenever we have a referenced Table in any view of a table, there is an "add" button that will open up a Form to add new a new row into the referenced table, with the Id that matches both tables already filled up (ex: if you go to a clients table and select "Mark", there will be a "Related Invoices" with all Mark's invoices. If you click on "add", it will open the form with Mark's ID already filled.

I'd like to know if there is a way to do that manually, so I could create an action in the table view, instead of having to go to detailed view of a table.

Solved Solved
0 5 154
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

5 REPLIES 5

Try creating three actions like

1. Add a new row to another table using values from this row so you can set the relevant id (or any data that you want)

2. Go to another view within this APP and set to open the newly added row in the target table in a form to further edit (could be a detail view with quick edit columns enabled)

LINKTOROW(MAXROW("Target Table","_RowNumber"),"Target View",)

3. Grouped: execute a sequence of actions to execute 1 and 2

Thanks for your reply, TeeSee1! I gotta admit, though, I have not tried your solution, since LINKTOFORM seems to be simpler, hehe. But thanks anyway! This community is pretty awesome.

Another approach is LINKTOFORM.

Yes! LINKTOFORM is definitely easier!!

I was thinking of moving to a Detail view of new row (that is usually my preference for some reason. Not sure why ...)

Brother, I've got to thank you. This worked perfectly! I even got to make more quick actions like this in other parts of the app. Thank you so much!!

Top Labels in this Space