iOS App Upgrade Required There is a required update for this app in the app store. Please upgrade...

One of our users is getting this page on his iPhone when launching Appsheet. He has tried reinstalling and is still getting the same message.

img_7823.png

4 35 1,255
35 REPLIES 35

identical  issue here.  help!

appupgraderequired.jpg

Got the same error on several devices … it ok now, try it (-:

Yes! He reports it is working. Thanks for following up.

Working now thanks!

ours is now resolved

I am having the same issue with a user. Was there anything specific that fixed it?

Didn’t do anything … it just resolved itself

The app is working for my user with the issue this morning.

Since this is a fairly unreproducible issue, here is a follow up and some info on my user's case:

Last night, Only one user I know of had the problem on two IPhones(his work phone and personal phone). He uninstalled and reinstalled the app, turned his phones off and on and still hit the "app upgrade required" screen right after logging in every time. 

Then this morning, I watched as he showed the "app upgrade required" screen.  He then uninstalled and reinstalled again. The app worked as expected that time.

Before this issue last night, he had been using the app with the same email without a problem.

I am having the same issue too. Is there anything I can do to open the app? The device the user is having the issue with is iphone 8.  I need help😣

When I had the problem I just tried to open the App every 10 min on my two devices ( also IPhone 8's) then suddenly it was OK on both 🤔

I've had a user with the problem.  Personally, I'm not satisfied with "keep trying until it works."  I'll contact support.

Hi all, we saw the same issue with one user yesterday but we were not able to identify the reason as many of you noticed, it went away by itself. We are still investigating what the root cause is though.

Same here. IOS devices only. Almost all my IOS users having this issue and is causing much loss.

I believe the one affected user we had reinstalled at least once during the 'outage'. 

same issue here as of today......just one user...no update available on ios

our issue has returned to the same user and another user as well has also reported. Given it resolved itself last time I'm telling them to wait it out. 

I have the same issue myself on iPhone 12 Pro Max running iOS 15.6.1 running AppSheet v15.2. Deleted and re-opened and still getting blank white screen that says "App Upgrade Required - There is a required update for this app in the app store. Please upgrade and relaunch"

Update: This is issue is hitting most of our staff now. I've advised to delete the app and run the mobile version in Chrome or Safari. That seems to still be working.

Same here. Can't log in with any user. Did all the stuff. Nothing works.

I have the same error too. Guess it’s some upgrades gone haywire

Same here. i have the same issue on the two ipads. i can't run it again.

Thanks for reporting this. We confirmed it was related to a problem in yesterday's build. The change has been reverted and we believe that the underlying problem has now been resolved, but if you continue to see the error on devices that were previously affected it might be necessary to restart or reinstall the app to clear it. Launching a specific app from a direct link or shortcut might also work, as the error was related to launching AppSheet without specifying a target app.

Thanks Adam!

Some of our users are also (still) reporting this issue

I wonder if deleting the app and reinstalling would work now.

I had the exact same problem reported in another post with the same resolution. The issue was reported by my users (10) who tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and got the upgrade message even though they were already using the latest upgrade. I use a common Gmail user account for all my users

I managed to replicate this issue when I deleted my own app on my own iPhone and when I tried to log in using the user Gmail login it did the same I tried to uninstall and reinstall 3 times and it did the same.

I then did the same but logged in using my own Gmail admin account and it worked the first time. I then logged out as Admin user and logged back in with the user account and it worked fine.

From this, head bashing exercise, it appears to be related to the external user's mail account in that during all this, some users got a message that their external users' Gmail account would not authenticate and got a message to validate their Gmail users account to see if they were the actual user.

I checked the user's Gmail account and it was fine and all the above shows that whatever is happening must be related to APPSHEET and user authentication

I suspect the error is somehow related to non-admin user accounts as some are still having the same problem despite the apparent resolution.

I then advised my users to stop and do one iPad at a time and 8 of them worked fine doing it this way. Maybe Appsheet and its app / mail authentication is/was the problem.

All so far have reported this issue on APPLE devices but it would be interesting to hear what mail accounts of all those users who experienced this problem use. Are they too, all Gmail accounts or a mix-and-match?

Interesting and interested to hear from other users.

@gregdiana1 wrote:

head bashing exercise

An apt expression! I'm sure that the good people at AppSheet are taking this seriously but, nonetheless, it's the kind of problem that can really have a negative impact on user perceptions of the platform's reliability.  I hope appropriate lessons can be learned.

100%. In my case the users ran out of data and so, as like many users do, they tried the proverbial uninstall / reinstall thinking it was an APP issue so it was not really necessary!

So that is how it came about but as you note the consequences were real as 10 auditors had to sit around twiddling their thumbs and I just got calls that the "APP WAS NOT WORKING".

I use ZELLO to keep in touch with my auditors in the field but none thought to first ask or raise the issue, or even use the app feedback facility, but went ahead on their own steam like the Window blue screen reboot when all goes wrong mentality.

But as you note perception is everything!

And this issue is back again. I get this error when try to open a PDF in app. 

Yes, we are not able to open PDF with Appsheet iOS native app.

Surely because of the BUG.

@mandard 

@Adam-google 

@takuya_miyai 

Same error message on several of my AppSheet apps, just started today. Happens when I try to open PDF or open external URL

Seems to be working again (fingers crossed it stays working!)

Sadly no reaction back from google team, which is usual.....😥

Tomorrow weather forcast for Google/AppSheet is to be the same "platform with  bunch of "bugs" for business platform".....

How can Google management team can say "AppSheet is to fit for business application?".  As far as we see bugs almost every single day,  nobody on this earth would agree with their suggestions.

I m gravely worryiing about the current situation of Google/AppSheet.

Thank you for reporting this issue via support. Support escalated the issue to engineering at midnight and rollback was complete by 1:30 AM PST.

We posted an update on Cloud Status https://status.cloud.google.com/incidents/Xe5q2HhtpUjk3U3xHoRo when the issue was resolved. I would have responded on here, but this site was down for scheduled maintenance at that time. 

I apologize for the disruption that this issue has caused.

same error when i open PDF

Top Labels in this Space