iPhone status bar almost invisible while using AppSheet app.

Does anyone else experience an almost invisible status bar when accessing one of their apps via the AppSheet app on iPhone (see image below)? This occurs whether the app is using custom colors or any of the default colors. So far I've experienced it on an iPhone 8 and iPhone 12. 

image1.png

I thought the status bar used to turn the same color as the app but I can't recall for certain. On at least one Android phone I've tested on the status bar remains black so the cell service and battery life icons are still visible. 

Is this some setting I have overloo

1 7 368
  • UX
7 REPLIES 7

You are correct...the status bar should be the same color as the app header.  I just tried it and the color update properly for me.  I have an iPhone 7 with iOS version 15.3.1,

This is an issue I remember reported a long time ago.   

When was the last time you checked for an AppSheet update?  The AppSheet container that runs our apps should update automatically IF you have automatic updates turned on.  However, I would recommend going the App Store and see if the AppSheet app reflects an update is needed for you anyway.

If all that looks in order, then please open a support ticket to AppSheet:

https://www.appsheet.com/Support/Contact

EDITED:  I just checked app store for myself and was reflecting an update needed for AppSheet.

Thank you for the suggestion @WillowMobileSys. I checked and my AppSheet app is up to date. Since a similar (albeit slightly different) issue is occurring with my apps on Android too (see below), I suspect there is something amiss with my account or something! 
I reached out to support three days ago. I'll update here if I discover anything new.

image000000.jpg

UPDATE...

So, I installed the latest iOS 15.4 and I now am experiencing the same issue as you when I have "Dark Theme" set on the iPhone but use Light theme in the app.  The status bar shows with a Light Theme but with white text making it unreadable.

If  I switch to "Light Theme" on the iPhone, the status bar is still white but the text changes to a readable black color.

If I set Dark theme on both iPhone and the app, the status bar shows dark background with a readable white text

Ah! I also had the Dark Theme enabled on my iPhone. When I switch to Light Theme the status bar is also still white but the text is black and readable. I'll pass this info on to support... sounds like it's not just my issue!

Having the same issues.. any updates on this matter?

Please contact AppSheet Support for help with this.

The last update I received from AppSheet Support was on April 13, 2022 and read,

"Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This has been documented and is actively being worked on as this was not an Isolated issue as you stated previously. Look for an update to your community post once a fix has been released."

So no fix yet as far as I can tell.

Top Labels in this Space