if Condition recognize text as date

Hi everybody! I'm loving building apps ๐Ÿ˜†

In the Format Rules

I want to add a formatting rule when the value in the cell is equal to 1/4 

In the test it doesent recognize "1/4" neither as text nor as a number but as a date(!).

The column type is Enum, in the list I worte 1/4 without anything else, The other values of the Enum are either text or 2/4, 3/4.

[Indicatore Serbatoio benzina]="1/4"

Gives this result in the test: (The value of column 'Indicatore Serbatoio benzina') is equal to ("1/4/2023 12:00:00 AM")

[Indicatore Serbatoio benzina]="1/4"

Gives this result in the test:  (The value of column 'Indicatore Serbatoio benzina') is equal to ((1 / 4))

I have a similar expression for [Indicatore Serbatoio benzina]="Pieno" and it works

How cn i fix it?

Solved Solved
0 7 181
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hmm, that's weird. I can confirm that it works like that on my side too. Using TEXT("1/4") did not help. I might call this a bug (maybe report to support). In the meantime, you can do:

"x"&[column] = "x1/4"

View solution in original post

Another option:

TEXT("1/4" , "m/d")

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hmm, that's weird. I can confirm that it works like that on my side too. Using TEXT("1/4") did not help. I might call this a bug (maybe report to support). In the meantime, you can do:

"x"&[column] = "x1/4"

I also tried to put "1/4" in the field Value of the Enum but t doesent wor either, possibly beacaus the resolution of the expression is previous and gives the data format and the it gets compared to the value

Not a bug; working as intended.

Is there a way to tell appsheet that 1/4 (a quarter) is 1/4 and not 1/4/2023 12:00:00 AM?

@Marc_Dillon's suggestion is an excellent one.

Another option:

TEXT("1/4" , "m/d")

I like this!๐Ÿ˜Š

Top Labels in this Space