info open pdf

hello, I have a google sheet, containing columns, example: id; name; filename; the filename is 1234567.pdf. I have a folder on google drive containing about 1000 pdf files; how do i use appsheet to open files directly I tried entering the folder path but it doesn't work; could i use an action? I use excel on my pc, and I can get it to work with =HYPERLINK(folderpath;foldername;filename), but I would like to use appsheet. Thank you

0 7 177
7 REPLIES 7

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

unfortunately I can't, it's probably much easier than it seems but it doesn't work. I should just enter the path but I can't

Just thinking again over it:

Basically, a file is made accessible for the user because of the relative path of the document.

If your files are in the default app folder of your app, you could have it with a path made this way:

"/" & folderName & "/" & subfolderName &"/" & fileName & ".pdf"

I tried like this, surely I'm doing something wrong and it doesn't work. the folder where the files are contained is on google drive, as is the sheet used to develop the app. should the pdf file folder be inside the appsheet folder?

@michele79 wrote:

should the pdf file folder be inside the appsheet folder?

In short, this is it ๐Ÿ™‚

Otherwise, you will have to provide a url for each file, but this is another thing to build and it may be tedious ๐Ÿ™‚

yes indeed, but there are thousands of pdf files, thanks anyway

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4
Top Labels in this Space