integrating Appsheet API explanation

Greetings, fellow community members,

I'd like some assistance in a matter involving API, appsheet and Csharp.

Using google sheets as a data source, I have a table named "Planned Shipments", which includes columns for ID, Truck Reference Number, Shipment, and Weight. Recently, our trucking supplier introduced a new capability enabling them to share real-time truck geolocation data via a C# API, linked to the truck reference number. They've expressed their interest in offering this service to us, which we find extremely valuable.

For those among us who have experience integrating APIs with AppSheet, I'm seeking advice on the most effective way to harness this opportunity. I'm considering the creation of a dedicated table to record geolocation data and utilizing a virtual column with lookup functions in โ€œplanned shipments โ€œ table to obtain the most recent geolocation. Are there alternative approaches I should explore? Moreover, what specific information should I share with our supplier? Is it sufficient to provide them with the API code generated by AppSheet, along with the App ID and table name? Should this code be shared using the "Invoke Webhook" method or through a link?

As someone with limited experience in working with APIs, I would greatly appreciate guidance and, if possible, an example of what I should furnish to our supplier. Your assistance is highly valued.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Solved Solved
0 5 456
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Have you checked from the Audit history what the logs show?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Have you already read this documentation that explains how you can connect external service to your app?
https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10105398?sjid=18188268280916270408-EU

Thanks for sharing the link , i could follow the article and could get somewhere. 

I am testing the api on postman platform, i could get the 200 OK response which is great but the data i mentioned in the json file wasn't writte in the table. 
Datasource: Google Sheets
Table name: Geolocation
Table columns: 

- Row Number as a key (just for testing)
- Truck Ref (Type: Text )
- Geolocation (Type:Latlong) 

Table Locale: English UK

Headers: 
API-KEY: Appsheet generated API Key
Content-Type: application/json
Content-Length: <calculated when request is sent>
Host: <calculated when request is sent>
User-Agent: PostmanRuntime/7.33.0
Accept: */*
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate, br
Connection: keep-alive

Json body of type RAW 

{
    "Action""Add",
    "Properties": {
        "Locale""en-UK",
        "Location""47.623098, -122.330184",
        "Timezone""Pacific Standard Time"
    },
    "Rows": [
        {
            "Truck Ref""Truck001",
            "Geolocation""47.612190, -122.200490"
        },
        {
            "Truck Ref""Truck002",
            "Geolocation""47.630123, -122.325678"
        }
    ]
}

Am i missing something here, thanks in for any help

Have you checked from the Audit history what the logs show?

Thanks for your help in this , I found the error in the logs , it was a tiny mistake where i used for the local EN-UK instead of EN-GB which was invalid

thanks again was pretty much straightforward

You're welcome!

Top Labels in this Space