is it possible for appsheet values to update in real time?

I've built out an appsheet app for inventory. I have an inventory data sheet that I use as an index for Skus within the google sheet that my app is linked to. The inventory data sheet is set to import live data every 15 minutes. If I make an entry for a bin location, I enter the sku and bin location - the name of the product, photo url, etc gets pulled from the inventory data sheet and populates everything I need. That inventory data sheet also keep real time shopify inventory numbers. Is it possible for those real time shopify quantites to automatically update with every 15 minute data refresh?

0 6 258
6 REPLIES 6

No, but the automatic background sync occurs every 30 minutes.

gotcha. So if I have an entry in appsheet that's linked to an index sheet via a sku - if that index data changes will the appsheet entry change with it every 30 minutes? (that would be an ideal outcome for me)

I assume "linked by a sku" means you are using a Ref column? And you are pulling in other data values through that Ref with dereference expressions? If so, then the answer to whether or not your "appsheet entry" will update depends on if you're using Real or Virtual columns for the dereferenced values. No to the former, yes to the latter but with a greater performance impact.

Dear Google - This likely is a complete deal breaker.  I've spent hundreds of hours developing, and for our use case 30 minutes, even 15 minutes is NOT usable.  Basic use case is that one person uses the app to check a visitor in, and the visitor then gets connected with another employee to continue their visit - usually in just a minute or so.  I repeat, this makes the entire solution unusable.  So, so disappointing from a company I've used since Gmail was still invite-only.

Appsheet does have a quicksync function that will allow you to see other users' changes within a couple seconds. The main restriction right now is certain data sources and you cannot use security filters.

Top Labels in this Space