is it possible to do so?

I am having an action to update the time (just set in to TIMENOW()). However, I don't want users to edit it (I hope that column will not show in the edit page --> it can only edit when users press the action butotn). How can I do that? 

Solved Solved
0 6 142
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Set the column's Editable? property to the expression, FALSE. This will prevent the user from modifying the column value, but the app itself can still change the value using actions.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

scott192_0-1660120607786.png

Just untick the show column for your time field...

If you still require the time to be shown to the user, but don't want them to edit it, then you should set up another Virtual Column whose value is set to be the value of your time field.

Hide the time field and show the virtual field to them instead.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Set the column's Editable? property to the expression, FALSE. This will prevent the user from modifying the column value, but the app itself can still change the value using actions.

WOW!  I did not know this @Steve ... I thought it stopped any editing of the value!

If Editable? is set to OFF, the column value is read-only, and can only be set when the row is added. That initial value cannot be edited by the user.

If Editable? is set to the expression, FALSE, the column value cannot be edited by the user, but the value can still be changed by the app at any time.

@Steve Thanks a lot. It works!

I through I cannot do this because that may make the action does not work(since the action is changing the value of the column while we set the editable = false).

Top Labels in this Space