is it possible to right align the percentage ...

is it possible to right align the percentage column (not just prices column?)

0 16 2,479
16 REPLIES 16

It looks like the only option like this is โ€œaccounting formatโ€ and that only applies to prices. Maybe it should apply to percentages or numbers in general, though. @praveen what do you think?

Thanks for the quick reply, would make a big difference (at least to have the option to right align percentage and numbers), currently I m redoing the views with googlesheet filters since then the format looks professional ie, not having the formatting options could chase users away from using appsheet?

@Kim_Harford1 are you looking to right-align numbers in a table view? Adding @Morgan_Dixon_AppShee

Yes - at the moment I am looking to right align percentages in a table view, but probably also numbers.

@praveen Just plussing you, as not sure you received my reply thanks

On the todo list. Will try to do it over the break. ideally, could you put this into appsheet.com - Login - AppSheet โ€” weโ€™re trying to do the top-voted features there. Login - AppSheet appsheet.com

@praveen

Great thanks - its in the app

Any progress on this. I tried to change it from a question to a feature request by pressing on question, but I wasnโ€™t able to do it?

You can see the first picture with right-aligned percentages looks fine, but when percentages are left aligned they are all over the place/not aligned when left aligned, especially if the percentage is negative. Right alignment would allow a professional presentation.
If it is not possible to add right alignment for percentages, is there a work around?

@Kim_Harford I discussed with Praveen, and we agreed it makes sense to right-align all numeric columns in table views. In an app with a mix of prices, percentages and other numeric columns, it seems to make it much more readable, and this is more consistent with how Google Sheets and Excel display numbers by default. For backward compatibility weโ€™ll be adding this as a new option under UX / Options / Table View so it will be opt-in for existing apps, but will be on by default for new apps. The existing option that applies specifically to prices will be retained as a separate option that specifically right aligns only prices and also left-aligns the currency symbol.

Great news thanks

Ps I can imagine many cases where it is more appropriate to left-align numbers, but right-align percentages and vice versa (e.g. when you have negative numbers right-align makes sense, but for positive numbers (or percentages), left align looks better and right-align could look odd if the numbers are uneven)โ€ฆIs it worth having an option to right-align percentages, or right-align numbers separately or both (rather than all numerics right-aligned or all numerics left-aligned?) (For me it doesnโ€™t make much difference since most of my number fields are converted to text so the changes are great), but it could be a lot more useful separatelyโ€ฆFormatting can determine whether a web-based app can be published or not.

It looks great now thanks!

smo1

how about for stuff like
250 gr
8 gr
1 lt

as used in recepies
reads really difficult if one cannot right align that

Iโ€™m reading this thread for the first time. As I read, I thought that there might be instances where one is working with text but where centering would be a better default that putting everything on the left. If that were available as an option is would be nice.

Top Labels in this Space