l need to add bulk edit action

I have an existing AppSheet which is a very simple table to enter food orders. However I'm lacking two functionalities to allow our team to be faster.

- Select all rows
- Bulk edit (as in: select X rows and update a certain column with the same value for all selected rows)

So let’s say I want to edit the “Guia” column for 4 rows in particular. Instead of updating them one by one I select the 4 rows, and when they are in the selected state I have an action that allows me to assign the same value to all 4 rows.

This should be possible for all columns and all values.

Can you help me on this?

ggg.PNG

0 6 242
6 REPLIES 6

Have you taken a look at bulk actions feature?

Use bulk actions - AppSheet Help

Yeah, l have check it out before... it's not well detailed

Oh okay. You may want to mention what more specific details you are looking for? We would try to help if we can. Basically one can invoke row level actions by selecting multiple records in a summary view and then invoke the row level action for all those selected rows.

Here is a sample app as well from the article Get started by using the feature samples - AppSheet Help

Sample app:  Please read the documentation of the app to get more insights.

Bulk actions - AppSheet

l did a short video recording explaining what l need in details.

please take your time to watch it

https://vimeo.com/874296115/f8980b3af0?share=copy

You need to Click on the blank Cell and add =sum(A1:D1) add A$1 select and drag Down and the Value will show up without Change Main data
Item Qty Bulk Price Total
add Qty+Bulk+Price in Total transaction and Drag down and Save it.
Sent from Outlook for iOS<>

Create a table with the same columns as your table with one row per user for multi-user usage. You should apply a security filter so that the user can see and edit his or her own row. Show a detailed view of this table with quick edits enabled.

Create an action on the table you want to bulk edit which updates the row with the values specified in the table that you had created above.

Your user can edit the fields in the first table and then apply the above action via bulk select.

Top Labels in this Space