launch a url in the background

hi folks,

I have a situation in my app where in one view,  where i need the user to click on the card layout of a QR generator table, which triggers an action to open an onclick event to open a url,) but not in a window rather i want the action to invoke in the background. 

current scenario:  i'm doing is that of invoking the url as below, but it opens in either a app window or new window. which in my case  i want the url to be opened in the background.

sandeepraon_0-1673292970254.png

Any ideas/possibility to do that. 

Solved Solved
0 5 393
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@sandeepraon wrote:

a response message on the app window showing the submission is successful.

Even if you could open an external URL in the background as you envision, you'd have no way for the app to know whether the request was successful.

The standard technique for sending and retrieving information like you describe is to use a Call a script task with Apps Script.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I think this feels like a security risk, opening links in the background.

Why you need this to be in the background exactly?

@SkrOYC Thanks for the response, the scenario is for one of the use case in the app which needs the app (signed-in) user to invoke an action which opens a url with pre-populated parameters in the url (i.e HTTP Get request) then gets to  a webserver for the parameter values to get  inserted into a database.,  

for this case - all i need is an action to open url and a response message on the app window showing the submission is successful." .

@sandeepraon wrote:

a response message on the app window showing the submission is successful.

Even if you could open an external URL in the background as you envision, you'd have no way for the app to know whether the request was successful.

The standard technique for sending and retrieving information like you describe is to use a Call a script task with Apps Script.

Thank you @dbaum , @SkrOYC will check that out . might need some time to digest what's available and try to see how can i implement. appreciate all the responses on my query.

Top Labels in this Space