link 2 tables

Hello, thank you for reading my post. 

I've created a mapping app that my team can use out in the field. Each time they drop a point, they are required to complete a checklist. One of these checks is to add the staff member who dropped the pin to the list. In a separate sheet, I have created a list of all the staff members names, phone numbers and email addresses. I have also linked this into the app as a new view so that teams can easily access each others contact details. 

My question is, is it possible for me to link the 'main data' source with the 'team member' data source. So that when a pin is placed the user is prompted to insert their name, it will instead create a drop-down menu in which users can select their name or multiple staff members names if there are more than one out in the field? 

I hope my question is clear, but I'm happy to clarify if needed. 

Thanks

Ronan

Solved Solved
0 6 140
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Once you give the Suggested Value the list of staff will show from which you can select

jyothis_m_0-1694077953484.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

You can make the column STAFF MEMBERS as ENUMLIST with base type as REF to Table STAFF LIST. 

Hi there, so I've followed these steps and it has somewhat worked. However, I cannot select any of the data I have on STAFF LIST table. It's just blank.

In Suggested values give STAFF LIST[Key Column]

Hi sorry, this just prompts me to manually enter each staff members details as a value. I want the drop down menu to link to the sheet I have already created that has these details.

Once you give the Suggested Value the list of staff will show from which you can select

jyothis_m_0-1694077953484.png

Thank you!!!

Top Labels in this Space