looping action Automation

Hi all I have an issue with AppSheet automation which is meant to add a new row to my table as well as do some calculations in the recently added row, I am trying to make it in a way that when the save button is clicked, it will automatically do it

Solved Solved
0 6 260
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Component Allocations[Quantity Required] returns the list of values in that column across all rows. From the information you've provided so far, it sounds like you want that column's value from just a single row, but it's unclear from which row--especially given that you're creating a brand new row. Potentially what you need instead of including the Quantity Allocated column in your action at all is to define an Initial value expression for the Quantity Allocated column that returns a default value based on the Quantity Required column.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @tony98 

Here is the combination you need:

View events - AppSheet Help

Section "Form Saved (Form Views)" and "Event actions"

And the action to trigger is the one of type "Data: execute an action on a set of rows".

For reference:

Use bulk actions - AppSheet Help

Hi , thank you

i tried however get errors with my formula which says 

tony98_0-1663063870541.png

in this case what can I do to solve it?

Hi @tony98 

Where is this expression and what are you trying to do with it?

i am trying to put the expression in circled

I want it to take the valued from the quantity required to the quantity allocated 

tony98_0-1663067666391.png

tony98_1-1663068326809.png

Component Allocations[Quantity Required] returns the list of values in that column across all rows. From the information you've provided so far, it sounds like you want that column's value from just a single row, but it's unclear from which row--especially given that you're creating a brand new row. Potentially what you need instead of including the Quantity Allocated column in your action at all is to define an Initial value expression for the Quantity Allocated column that returns a default value based on the Quantity Required column.

What about:

SUM([Related COMPONENT ALLOCATIONSs][Quantity Allocated])

Top Labels in this Space