<<_ROW_WEB_URL>> but the app is opening the landing page instead of the updated row

Hello all, 
I don't think that I made a mistake (or at least I cannot find it), but, when I send an email within the variable <<_ROW_WEB_URL>> the URL: 

Why? 

And as it written here: 

https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/11539253?visit_id=638065466077295645-1441751443&p=use-var...

URL that refers to the added or updated record in your app. For example, you can include this URL in an email to allow the email recipient to easily open the added or updated record. The full URL is displayed.

0 9 191
9 REPLIES 9

Do you have any Security Filters that may be preventing the row from being included in the app?

If its a newly inserted row, is there a Sync being performed to ensure the new row is downloaded?  It used to be that a "Force Sync" was needed but from my recent experience, I don't think that is the case any longer.  Just make sure a Sync is performed when you tap the link in the mail.  If it's not, then add a "Force Sync" parameter

@WillowMobileSysno I don't have any security filter and  yes the line was sync already when I opened the link

Can you show us the resulting URL that is being inserted into the email?  It might also be useful to see what you mean by "landing page".

I've just added it inside the original post

One thing I am noticing, there is no view specified in the URL.  Typically there would be a "view" parameter.  So I don't know what this link is supposed to do.

I suggest two things:

1) Contact support about the variable not working correctly.

2)  Try creating your own URL.  Here is an excerpt of code I use...the href is so I can provide clickable text rather than the full URL.  

<a href="https://www.appsheet.com/start/xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx
<<LINKTOROW([_THISROW],View Name)>>">View <<[Some Text]>> Details</a>

NOTE: One thing I am not completely certain of is the difference in URL's to open in the app versus always going to a browser page.  There might need to be a slight adjustment to the URL prefix for this.  To now, I have not needed to be concerned about it.

Actually, I'm encountering the same issuing even if I'm currently using my own created url.. as you suggested.

Is there any configuration in the app the should I modify? 

Just make sure, in the sample URL I gave, you used the LINKTOROW() function AND you updated "View Name" to the name of a view within your app?

yes, sure! 🙂 

I'm not sure what could be the problem.  Your description makes it sound like the app is launching for the very first time each time or the view name cannot be properly identified.

I think you may need to go to AppSheet support for more help.

Top Labels in this Space