manually generated uniqueid() - app sheet not allowing to be a key

Hello everyone, how are you?

I'm trying to change the key of my spreadsheet that already have some data in it. So I followed the tutorial to use the spreadsheet formula:

victorfarinella_1-1707413665231.png

But on appsheet, when I try to select it as key, instead of the row number, and save, the system changes back to the row number:

victorfarinella_2-1707413813922.png

victorfarinella_0-1707413615551.png

Does anyone know what is happening? 

Thank's!

0 4 71
4 REPLIES 4

Double check that the ID column is required and either shown or autogenerated with an inital value.

In addition a primary key should be of type 'Text' (which it looks like your's is).

Lastly, select the key toggle for the column and unselect the key toggle for the _RowNumber column.

You will also need to remove the spreadsheet formula in sheets and in AppSheet.

Instead you should put UNIQUEID() as the expression in the initial value formula spot.

Ok, but how can I mantain the ID on the records that already exist in the spreadsheet? The spreadsheet will also be used to input data, removing the formula will be a problem.

You can copy the data from the ID column and "Paste as special"->"value only" to preserver the current ID values. 

To use the current spreadsheet as input, I am not sure. You might have to have a separate table that isnt used by appsheet to copy over a new UNIQUEID each time you enter a new row.

Top Labels in this Space