mismatch in the number of columns between the spreadsheet for and the table schema

WOF
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

Hello members,

I trust you all well.

I have never made an app, and using appsheets does not seem as easy as it suppose to be.

It gives the error as follows: 

Unable to fetch app definition.

Error: There is a mismatch in the number of columns between the spreadsheet for and the table schema. The table has 7 columns but the schema has 6 columns. Please regenerate the table column structure. Error: Data table 'WOFmerchandise-5719517:1.000006:Product' is not available Error: The data for this view cannot be found. Please select a new data table in the view settings.

But with picture below you can see the very last line that I have added this column but it still gives error. Please advise

App sheet Communithy.png

1 3 2,909
3 REPLIES 3

Simply tap the Regenerate button.

Anytime you add or remove columns from the datasource - sheet or database - you MUST tap the Regenerate button. You cannot manually add the "normal" columns to your tables. 

"Normal" columns are the ones indicated with the "dark" pencil icon - except [_RowNumber] which is automatically added in all AppSheet tables.  The "normal" columns MUST match between the datasource and the AppSheet table.  

So, based on your shown AppSheet table, the datasource must have these "normal" columns - Product Barcode, Product, Category, Image, Initial Stock and Restock Level.  No more and no less.  If it doesn't match in number then you will need to adjust so they match.

The "blue" pencil labeled columns are Virtual Columns and do not count towards the columns that contribute to the schema.  They are appside columns only.

See if there are any data in the rest of the columns not in consideration. I had a length calculation for some row in a 11th column while appsheet was using only 10 columns. Once that was deleted and the column was regenerated in appsheet the problem was solved
hope this helps

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4
Top Labels in this Space