more information about action buttons

Hi all

I want to understand well how the action buttons work. The explanations provided in Essential don't help me get into a more specific dynamic and before asking for your help, I want to study better.

I ask you to suggest links that may help. 

Tnx for your precious attention.

Solved Solved
0 15 300
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

So.. you actually want to hide or show columns depending on the dropdown selection. For that purpose you need to use the " Show If" option. For that purpose you can write for example [seleziona ambito]="Rifornimento cisterne"

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

What kind of help are you looking for? Any specific action type?

Hi @AleksiAlkio , thanks for replying.

Benni_0-1697276714454.png

I want to determine values of a function "income" and "expense" based on the button that is pressed.

I'm not a programmer and therefore I'm not familiar with coding. However, if I have understood correctly, in the formula that I have to use to determine the "stock" value, it is possible to insert an "if" condition which reads the choice made on the buttons and chooses to apply a "subtraction" or an "addition" to a value in "stock".
How can I write this?

For me it sounds you are looking for an app formula calculating those values on a form view depending on the dropdown selection instead of action doing something similar. Is my assumption correct?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

On your printscreen, the Rifornimento_Form has an Enum button where you select either "Cisterne" or "Veicolo". Depending on the selection, you would like to calculate a value. Do you want to calculate it when the form view is still open?

Thank you for your clarification. The new result will be updated when the form is closed.

Updated where? In the same record? Record in another table?

Benni_0-1697304527927.pngBenni_1-1697304604070.png

I apologize I am giving incomplete information. The previous answer is valid, but I need to get a "conditional view" on the form while it is still open. That formula you see gives me the result I want, however filling out the form is messy. The operator must "skip" the fields that are not needed. I hope I have given a clearer answer. Thanks for your attention.

So.. you actually want to hide or show columns depending on the dropdown selection. For that purpose you need to use the " Show If" option. For that purpose you can write for example [seleziona ambito]="Rifornimento cisterne"

HI @AleksiAlkio . Thanks for the time you dedicated to me. I'll get to work on the solution you're proposing. I will be sure to update you on the outcome of my work. Thanks again!!!

You're welcome!

HI @AleksiAlkio . I'm definitely making a mistake. I'm close to what I want to visualize, but I have a problem on this field. He should be seen if one of the conditions seen in the photo exists. Unfortunately it doesn't happen. What am I doing wrong?

Benni_1-1697483310326.png

no field even with this solution. 😶

Benni_2-1697484646947.png

EUREKA!!!

Benni_3-1697485206178.png

It worked like this. Thanks for your help @AleksiAlkio . I learned something very useful.

Good to hear you were able to solve it!

Top Labels in this Space