phone number problem

NCD
Silver 2
Silver 2

I have a column for phone numbers.

But the problem is phones in Japan starts with a 0

but spreadsheet erases the 0 at the beginning of a number.

I've noticed that if I put hyphens in between, like 010-7777-0000 it works.

can you have these hyphens set in stone, so that the end users don't have to worry about typing the hyphens?

Solved Solved
1 2 249
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Instead of putting hyphen that could be a bit cumbersome, please evaluate if you can set the backend column type of phone number column as "plain text" if you are using G sheet as back end. This will ensure leading zeroes are not discarded when saved.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Instead of putting hyphen that could be a bit cumbersome, please evaluate if you can set the backend column type of phone number column as "plain text" if you are using G sheet as back end. This will ensure leading zeroes are not discarded when saved.

Oh no, I can't help you here because sometimes I have the same problems with mobile numbers in the USA. By the way, I advise all people who register on websites using a mobile phone not to do this because then attackers can use your phone for their own purposes. Therefore, it is best to use online mobile phones and receive sms online germany when registering. At least I found out about it recently, although, as I was told, these services have been on the Internet for a long time. Well, I hope this helps someone.

Top Labels in this Space