photo uploading: initialize date field with date of the file

I have developped an appsheet app to store my personal photos. 

To load each of them I need to open a form, then load the file, and fill in a date field manually, to store the moment this picture was shot. Is there anyways to have this date field pre filled with either the date the picture was shot, or at least the creation date of the file?

Thanks for your help

Solved Solved
0 3 178
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

There is no (built-in) way for the app to access the metadata within the image.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@BertrandJ wrote:

or at least the creation date of the file?

For this purpose, if you mean the datetime when you saved the file in the app, then you could evaluate the ChangeTimeStamp type column that changes with the [Photo] column you have to upload the photos.

Track changes using Change column types - AppSheet Help

Please take a look at the sample app:

Change Columns - AppSheet

The app is available in the list of sample apps in the help article referred below

Get started by using the feature samples - AppSheet Help

Thanks for your help.

But what I want is the date the picture was shot. Or possibly the date the file was created. Not the date when I upload the pix in appsheet.

For example: I took a picture for new years's eve 2015 (31/12/2014) with my camera. 3 days later (3/1/2015) I downloaded that picture from my camera to my computer. And today I upload this picture in appsheet. I would like the date field to be automatically filled in with either 31/12/2014 or 3/1/2015. Storing today's date in regard to this picture is of no value. And entering manually the date is tedious. Is there a way to automatically extract one of the dates I mentioned, possibly with some scripting?

There is no (built-in) way for the app to access the metadata within the image.

Top Labels in this Space