printing the column in the Confirmation Message

I am wondering can we print the specific column in the Confirmation Message.

e.g. we have a user named John, and when that user press the button. It will show that "Are you sure John?". 

Is it possible to do so? I have tried to write the code like

= Are you sure [Name]?

but seems it does not work. Anyone know how to do that? Thanks for helping

Solved Solved
0 8 216
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If you have a user's table that has one row each for an app user with app user name and email at the minimum, then you could try an expression something like below.

CONCATENATE("Are you sure ", SELECT(Customers[Name],[Email]=USEREMAIL()),"?")

If you have more than handful of users, you can use @MultiTech 's recommendation of Current User approach.

Current User (Slice) | How to conform your app a... - Google Cloud Community

Assuming your slice of Current user is called Currentuser, your expression can be something like 

CONCATENATE("Are you sure ", ANY(CurrentUser[Name]),"?")

The message will look something like below

Confirmation Message.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Not possible 

*** @Suvrutt_Gurjar tkx

If you have a user's table that has one row each for an app user with app user name and email at the minimum, then you could try an expression something like below.

CONCATENATE("Are you sure ", SELECT(Customers[Name],[Email]=USEREMAIL()),"?")

If you have more than handful of users, you can use @MultiTech 's recommendation of Current User approach.

Current User (Slice) | How to conform your app a... - Google Cloud Community

Assuming your slice of Current user is called Currentuser, your expression can be something like 

CONCATENATE("Are you sure ", ANY(CurrentUser[Name]),"?")

The message will look something like below

Confirmation Message.png

May I know how to do when using SELECT() with the condition? I want to choose the data when it matches the [RowNumber] (I tried to use [_THIS] but seems it does not work for me).  Please let me know if there's a way to do so. Thanks.

You can do like CONCATENATE("Are you sure ", select(TableName[Name], [_RowNumber] = [_THISROW]),"?")

It should work

Hi @Harry0416 ,

Could you try your recommended expression and confirm it works. I believe the "Localize" expressions do not work with row numbers. Also could you update which table name to use?

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1660893329420.png

@NoName ,

As clearly mentioned, this solution will work if you have a Users table. It will not work with row value based expressions.

wow, didn't know that. Thanks!

@Suvrutt_Gurjar. It works! Thanks a lot!

Top Labels in this Space