problems with quickchart graphs in reports

Hello everyone, I hope you are well.

I have always considered that one of the weaknesses of Apsheet is not being able to show quality statistical graphs. That's why I turned to quickchart. But I have had the following problem: I insert the graphs as an image in my Apsheet report and at first they appear fine but then some experience a failure where it shows me a link but when I follow it it does not find the data. If anyone has experienced this problem, I appreciate your help. I attach images.

I use this expression in a column to update the data and generate the graph

juanp38_0-1709262598200.png

At the beginning it shows me the graph well and updates without problem

juanp38_1-1709262717246.png

โ€ƒbut sometimes it generates this error and the graph is not shown

juanp38_2-1709262888549.png

Solved Solved
1 6 149
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello everyone, I contacted quick chart support and this is the response they gave me.

juanp38_0-1709506943142.png

Apparently everything is due to limitations of free use, it is a shame that they do not grant a longer period of use for the graphics of apps in the testing phase. It is also a shame that AppSheet does not allow you to insert lookerstudio graphics into apps.

juanp38_1-1709507157033.png

Anyway, I think that resolves the issue of the failure. If anyone knows another service that allows you to create graphics and insert them into AppSheet, I would appreciate it if you let me know.
greetings

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

If you manually add the URL to your browser, does it work then? Little bit weird that the beginning of the URL is missing.

I tried it manually by copying the link into the browser and it still fails and does not show the graph; And you are right, it is strange that the link that appears in the report looks incomplete. I still save the links to edit the graph in Quickchart and the URL to add the graph, the link to edit works, the fault seems to be that Quickchart does not record some URLs of the graphs to insert in the apps, if anyone knows what is failing I thank you

Try surrounding everything with ENCODEURL(...)

Thanks, I'll try it and let you know if it works.

Hello, I tried with encodeurl and it didn't work, the error came back, I spoke with quickchart support, and they gave me the answer as to why the error occurs, it has to do with the free trial period, you can find the complete answer at the end of this post.

Hello everyone, I contacted quick chart support and this is the response they gave me.

juanp38_0-1709506943142.png

Apparently everything is due to limitations of free use, it is a shame that they do not grant a longer period of use for the graphics of apps in the testing phase. It is also a shame that AppSheet does not allow you to insert lookerstudio graphics into apps.

juanp38_1-1709507157033.png

Anyway, I think that resolves the issue of the failure. If anyone knows another service that allows you to create graphics and insert them into AppSheet, I would appreciate it if you let me know.
greetings

Top Labels in this Space