push notifications

When a job is created or edited, I would like a notification to push out a SMS to the person it is assigned to.  I know this would probably be a bot but I am not quite sure what formula to use.

This would be from my "Jobs" table with a column assigned team member column "Assigned Driver" ref to my Team Table.  All team members phone numbers are in listed in the Team Table.

Thanks!

Solved Solved
0 9 280
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If your tables are properly linked, you should be able to dereference the Job table's driver column to the phone from the table with the driver's phone. For example:

[Assigned Driver].[Phone]

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Better to learn Appsheet and Automation basics from the beginning, as the clear answer is there for you.

Okay have that but how do I link the jobs table to my team table so that the assigned team member will receive the text?

To

List of To phone numbers. (Expressions that yield phone numbers are supported.)

Team members telephone numbers do not show up in the Jobs table only the customers.  I would like to contact the assigned team member.

I need the phone number to be from "reassign column" with is linked to my Team table.

I tried this formula:

LOOKUP([_THISROW].[Reassign Driver],"Team","Reassign Driver","Phone")

However, it only brings back my phone number not the reassigned team member.  Note:  The team members phone numbers in the test are mark as containing sensitive data.  Not sure if this makes a difference. 

If your tables are properly linked, you should be able to dereference the Job table's driver column to the phone from the table with the driver's phone. For example:

[Assigned Driver].[Phone]

My system is a little complicated.  Each customer has an "assigned driver" which does a particular service.  If it is a difference service, the job is reassigned to another driver who does that particular service.  "Assigned Driver" is linked to Customer Table but "Reassigned Driver" is linked to the Job Table which Defaults the "assigned Driver" upon record reaction.  The "reassign assigned" column in Job Table is linked to Team Table with info.

That being said, I need to link to the "reassigned driver" not assigned driver both found in Team Table.

I tried [Reassigned Driver].[Phone] initially and the test returned a blank.

When I turned off the sensitive data button for "reassigned driver" column, it did return the driver's number.

Thanks for the help!!

@VLMark37 wrote:

When I turned off the sensitive data button for "reassigned driver" column, it did return the driver's number.

I assume something else is going on. The Sensitive Personally Identifiable Information (PII) data functionality affects only AppSheet system logs--not your data source nor data availability within an app.

Is there a potential bug here?  I am still in the development and have not deployed.

Top Labels in this Space