quickedit (beta)

I understand that QuickEdit is in the Beta phase, but I'm going to ask anyway in case it happened to someone. I am in the UX development phase of my app, where I am testing new ways of visualizing and operating, and I see that many categories of data are common (although each user can add what they want), therefore I have created databases (non-empty) with preloaded values of commonly used IDs, allowing all users to access them.

However, users can only edit those that correspond to their ID, the rest are visible but only read, so that another user does not have to see an edition of said public record by another user impacted.

This works perfectly if I enable the editing of the fields only for the records uploaded by each User ID, however this rule does not work in the "QuickEdits". Thus, any user can edit from Quick Edit, skipping the applied rule.

Has this happened to anyone else, does anyone know if this is really the case or am I doing something wrong? @Steve

1 3 248
3 REPLIES 3

QuickEdits should still take into account the Editable_If rules. Can you show examples of how it's not working as you think it should?

Good morning @Marc_Dillon , at some point I make an example and upload it for you to see. It's weird because it doesn't allow you to edit the form but it does allow you to edit the detail view through the quick edit.

existing editable formula, sometimes it doesn't work in quickedit, it shouldn't be editable but in quickedit it becomes editable.

Top Labels in this Space