"Create Email" Action body: Add child data like <<start:...>> <<end>> in the task

Hi everybody,

I would like to let users to send an E-Mail with the information of the current view. We cannot use a Bot for two reasons: 1. Email has to be send by our domain. 2. We cannot add another column to the table to somehow trigger the bot.

In the E-Mail body i cannot use the <<start:...>> <<end>> or any other line of this kind. The body seems to only understand appsheet-syntax.

I need multiple information per row of a child, so is dereferencing also no solution.

Is there any other way to do it?

Solved Solved
0 8 270
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ok, thanks to Phil's idea, I only had to solve the second part. And I solved it by adding a new table for bot commands. The trigger event looks at the new table but pulls the information from the old table.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

@Pete_Bush wrote:

In the E-Mail body i cannot use the <<start:...>> <<end>> or any other line of this kind. The body seems to only understand appsheet-syntax.

Correct.

I can't think of a good way to do what you want.

Hi Steve,
Could he use a bot to invoke Zapier? He could them write a Zap to send the email. That might allow him to send the email using his domain. Not sure how close this gets him to a solution.

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the idea of how to fix the domain issue. The problem that i cannot think of a way to trigger the bot without adding a column sadly remains. 

It is unforntunate that the email-action has not the same options as the email-task.  

Ok, thanks to Phil's idea, I only had to solve the second part. And I solved it by adding a new table for bot commands. The trigger event looks at the new table but pulls the information from the old table.

Have you tried using an Email Tempalte from a Google Doc instead of using the Email Body manually?
<<Start>><<End>> works well there.

Hi,

It is unforntunate that the email-action has not the same options as the email-task.  There is no option to use a template in the action (email function under behavior and not automation).

"There is no option to use a template in the action"

--> It would be great if that could be added to appsheet!

have you considered solving this with a webhook to a Google App Script?

Top Labels in this Space