"Data" Button missing from chart

NPKyle

Hello,

I have a chart view that is not displaying the “DATA” button, at one point in the apps development it all functioned properly. I was under the impression that you couldn’t modify that button, so I don’t know if it due to any unintentional changes I made or some kind of error.

The chart is present on a detail view and displays the VIEW and ADD buttons. Clicking the VIEW button brings me to a full screen chart view that includes the + (ADD) button for creating a new row, but I have no way of viewing the DATA behind it.

Now I am not sure how to view the list that populates the chart!

As I mentioned, this was working correctly just moments ago. I do not recall changing any settings associated with the table, list, or chart.

Help in understanding what is happening is GREATLY appreciated!
I hope this post was clear enough to convey my issue.

Thanks!

-Kyle

0 4 529
4 REPLIES 4

This is obviously a bug, could you report to support@appsheet.com to ask for trouble shoot?

NPKyle

I am still experiencing this problem. I originally reached out to support@appsheet.com and was told give them some time to investigate it, but that was over a month ago. I’ve since moved on to other applications but its still giving me troubles, and my follow up email to support several days ago has not been acknowledged.

Because of the DATA button missing in my chart views, I have no way of easily viewing the data without some clunky work around.

Being able to click on data points within the chart can pull up individual rows from the chart, but even that feature seems to be a bit buggy, as on a mobile device its not completely reliable and sometimes no matter how much I click on a point I will not be navigated to the record.

I have tried creating a dashboard view that encompasses the chart and the data, but there a 2 problems with this. First, I cannot navigate to the dashboard view from the detail view that is shown in the first picture above without adding a button, one which does not fit with the flow of my app. Secondly, even once in the dashboard view the Add/+ action to add a new row is not displaying over the Chart and Table view which makes makes up that dashboard.

I am now at a loss for work-arounds because nothing I do will accomplish what that DATA button will do as far as keeping my app streamlined with a good flow.

I hope this all makes sense as I would love to hear what may be causing this issue.
Thanks in advance, Kyle.

TDhers

Hi Kyle,
Our apologies for the delay. We had some things moved around in Intercom and it fell between the cracks unfortunately. No excuse on our end. Totally our bad.
Thank you for bringing this back up to us. We are looking at it now. @Arthur_Rallu
In General a month is too long for us to get back to you. We shoudl be answering or at least keeping you updated every few days. Do not hesitate to nag us or tag me if this happens again.

Thierry

Thank you for the reply, I look forward to a resolution soon!

-Kyle

Top Labels in this Space