"Show_If" constraint system referencing the same incorrect table in multiple views

rj22

Several tables are rejecting constraints based on local column references.

I’m given the error:

View ‘Stock Check’ has an invalid Show_If constraint ‘=[Inv_Started] = true’. Unable to find column ‘Inv_Started’

Where column ‘Inv_Started’ does most definitely exist. The expression assistant references a table other than the table referenced by the view…

This is happening for multiple tables… They are all pointing to the same, incorrect table…

Any ideas ?

0 11 217
11 REPLIES 11

What is the expression?

rj22

It would be “=[Inv_Started] = true”, to show a view when true and hide when false. If it would save, but it errors. I have views and behaviors now unable to receive new constraints that reference local columns…

The constraints for views and behaviors for my User and Plan tables now only show the Inventory table columns as local columns. In the expression assistant in views and behaviors of some other tables, the column names from the Inventory table are showing up…

Show_if expressions for Views are not run in the context of any specific record. As such, you cannot reference the value in a specific column with just [column], you need a use a more “global” expression. What are you trying to accomplish?

rj22

Hiding a view inside a dashboard when a value in the User table if false. It was working.

When a value in which record of the User table is false?

any(select(User[Inv_Started], [Username] = useremail()))[Inv_Started] = true

was working , then error. now not erroring, still showing the wrong column info in the expression assistant but not working…

rj22

rj22

rj22

was throwing an “[Inv_Started] not found” error. now just doesn’t work…

Remove this

rj22

ya, no. same result either way. and the test works both ways

Top Labels in this Space