"jump" intermediary table

I have table of โ€œpersonsโ€ and a tabble of family โ€œrelationsโ€ between these people.
The relations table has a virtual column of the type โ€œperson A is the son of person Bโ€. In โ€œperson viewโ€ all his/her relations are listed, but: when you click on any of these relations the intermediary โ€œrelationsโ€ view is opened. I want to open directly the view of the other person. How should I do this?

0 4 97
4 REPLIES 4

Unless Iโ€™m mistaken, the link is a ref column. It is also possible to make inline actions that function in the same way but give you more control as to where you want them to go.

I was trying to write about this technique in the following tip:

But, unfortunately, I was pretty confused (just learning) at the time so this tip really needs to be rewritten. And, another problem is that AppSheet doesnโ€™t seem to include a good explanation of how to do this in its documentation. I wonder if anyone else know where to get a good explanation.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

In the app editor, go to Behavior > Actions and add a new action:

View related person

• For a record of this table: relations-table
  • Do this: App: go to another view within this app
  • Target: LINKTOROW([related-person-id], "person-view-name")

Replace relations-table with the name of the โ€œโ€˜jumpโ€™ intermediary tableโ€; replace related-person-id with the name of the column of that intermediary table that contains the Ref value of the related person; and replace person-view-name with the name of the view of the persons table in which to display the related personโ€™s row.

In the configuration of the table view that displays the list of relations, set the Row Selected event action to this newly-created action.

Thanks

One extra question: is it possible to know the person-id of the original view to adjust [related-person-id]?

There is no way to do the equivalent of โ€œgive me the person-id of the person currently displayed on screenโ€. But I would expect that your relations-table has another column (in addition to the related-person-id column weโ€™re already using) that points back to that person.

Top Labels in this Space