"jump" intermediary table

I have table of “persons” and a tabble of family “relations” between these people.
The relations table has a virtual column of the type “person A is the son of person B”. In “person view” all his/her relations are listed, but: when you click on any of these relations the intermediary “relations” view is opened. I want to open directly the view of the other person. How should I do this?

0 4 95
4 REPLIES 4

Unless I’m mistaken, the link is a ref column. It is also possible to make inline actions that function in the same way but give you more control as to where you want them to go.

I was trying to write about this technique in the following tip:

But, unfortunately, I was pretty confused (just learning) at the time so this tip really needs to be rewritten. And, another problem is that AppSheet doesn’t seem to include a good explanation of how to do this in its documentation. I wonder if anyone else know where to get a good explanation.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

In the app editor, go to Behavior > Actions and add a new action:

View related person

• For a record of this table: relations-table
  • Do this: App: go to another view within this app
  • Target: LINKTOROW([related-person-id], "person-view-name")

Replace relations-table with the name of the “‘jump’ intermediary table”; replace related-person-id with the name of the column of that intermediary table that contains the Ref value of the related person; and replace person-view-name with the name of the view of the persons table in which to display the related person’s row.

In the configuration of the table view that displays the list of relations, set the Row Selected event action to this newly-created action.

Thanks

One extra question: is it possible to know the person-id of the original view to adjust [related-person-id]?

There is no way to do the equivalent of “give me the person-id of the person currently displayed on screen”. But I would expect that your relations-table has another column (in addition to the related-person-id column we’re already using) that points back to that person.

Top Labels in this Space