ref tables updates expression

I have two tables Request and Report. Request has a column Request Number as a Key and Status. Report has a REF columnt Request_Ref that is Referencing Request Number. How do I change a value in Status column of the Request table when Report is edited?

0 5 109
5 REPLIES 5

Through a behavior action, triggered by a Form Saved event. 

Thanks for the Tip. I took a closer look at Actions and found Data: Execute an action on a set of rows. This looks promising. What expression should I use to specify which rows I need to edit. Is it Select() function?

You should rather use a dereference expression. 

Dereference Expressions | AppSheet Help Center 

Sorry but it doesnt click for me. The definition says "A dereference expression makes use of references between tables, using the value of a column of type Ref in this table to find a specific row in another table and get a value from a column there" I need to change this value not just get it. Example: There is an action button called Update Request on the Report form. It checks columns in Report table such as Parts Required Yes/No and changes the Status of the referenced row in the  Request table to Waiting for Parts.

@SITECH_Mid-Cana wrote:

What expression should I use to specify which rows I need to edit. Is it Select() function?

You should use a dereference expression. 

The value will be changed by the Action, not the expression. 

Top Labels in this Space