regarding the reminder mails

Hello Reader ,

I have workflows set up in my app it is 4 level workflow...so now the requirement is to send the reminder email to approver if approver does not act on the request for more than 24 hrs..

normal email workflows are already set up to notify the approvers for new request coming to their queue...but now i want integrate these reminder emails as well..

I m not able to to do this as my normal workflows are based on the data change.....

Requirement is to send the reminder email to every approver if that approver does not act on the request which is in his or her queue for more than 24 hours.

The approval levels of the app are :

Requester >>> Head Of Unit >>> Functional Director >>> HRBP >>> L&D >>> O&HR Director....

Could anyone help me to get this done....that will absolutely great!!

Thanks in advance!

waiting for your response ๐Ÿ™‚

0 3 60
3 REPLIES 3

The process to do this is basically the same as what you have already done for your other emails.  The only difference is creating the Bot as a "Schedule" bot rather than a "Data Change" bot.   Then set the bot to run on whatever schedule you prefer.

but how can specify the 24 hrs for specific approver and check if they have not acted upon the request

You will not be able to set a process to run precisely 24 hours after a specific action happens to a specific row.

The best you can do is run a Scheduled process to check if ANY rows have surpassed their 24 hour period and then raise an alert/notification for those rows.  Yes, this does mean that some rows will get notified WELL past their 24 hour period.

To minimize the time elapsed before an alert/notification is sent, you can create several Scheduled automation processes - maybe one for every hour of the day - i.e. 24 copies of the same process - each with their own run time set to execute an hour apart.  This means the elapsed time before an alert/notice goes out after the 24 period will be no more than an hour.

You can further reduce this elapsed time by creating process copies that run every 30 minutes.  But then you start getting into a management nightmare with that many processes to maintain.

Pro Tip:  When creating Scheduled processes, run them at odd set times past the hour - e.g. 8:12 am.  The reason is that many App Creators will schedule their automated processes to run on the hour (8:00am) or on the half-hour (8:30am). 
This creates a large list of processes kicking off at the same time potentially delaying the running of your process.  running them at something like 8:23 am is likely even better!

Top Labels in this Space