scan barcode

will do bar code if there is no data in the app Will it be able to scan barcodes?

For example, scan other barcodes into the app. and display the information in the app.

0 4 98
4 REPLIES 4

You can scan any barcodes in the search bar but it will only show the records that matches the searched string.

If the information in the bar code It's not in the sheet app. When I scan it, it can't be scanned.

Hello!

If I understand the question correctly, your task is to scan a barcode and at the same time:
1. If the entry exists, open/find the entry.
2. If there is no entry, create a new entry in the application.

Right?

If there is such a task, then it is solved in AppSheet by creating and configuring "actions"

Example:
You take inventory and scan items.

You have a table "Inventory_log" where scanned barcodes are recorded.

You have a "Products" table that contains records with a barcode.

Then, when saving the entry form in the "Inventory_log" table, you need to create an add_row action to create a new entry in the "Products" table with the execution condition ISBLANK(SELECT(Product[barcode], [barcode] = [scan_barcode] ))
Where [scan_barcode] is a column in the "Inventory_Log" table containing a barcode.

For a less theoretical answer, please provide a more detailed description of the situation)

If the user wants to scan in like Excel.
that does not require prior information and then scan it in

But as we know, we know that there must be information first. Otherwise, how can I scan?
So I came to ask those who knew. Can you do excel?

Top Labels in this Space