search for a template for an App in the field of sport

Hello to all,
I hope I'm asking the right question in the right place.
I discovered Appsheet recently and I would like to use it to create an application in the field of training.
What I would like to do is to be able to select a sports club from a list and to select a sportsman from a list in this club (so far I have managed to accomplish this step). Once the athlete is selected I would like to be able to enter his sports results, his results for physical tests and to display statistics on these data (and that I have not been able to do).
Would you know examples of applications similar to the one I'm talking about here, so that I can move forward on my project?

Thank you very much

(I am open to any remark, advice to make my project progress)

Solved Solved
0 3 130
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

One approach..

Create two tables, SPORTS_RESULTS & TEST_RESULTS with a ref col back to the athlete.

This way, when you choose an athlete, you can navigate easily to enter results in either of the RESULTS tables.

This navigation will be automatically created via the ref columns.

https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/961426-references-between-tables

Besides simple stats like average, min, max, count etc. you need to write your own expressions and use it to be displayed in charts

Here is stats reporting capability.

https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/961557-charts-the-essentials

Hope this will get you a bit further in your new project!

Ask more questions here when they come up.

The community is here to help you.

View solution in original post

Welcome to the community!

What you describe is not complex to achieve. You just need to setup your data accordingly. 

Basically you need to setup a Clubs table, with clubs in rows, and columns holding the attributes specific to each team.

Another table you should have is Sportsmen, where you'll have one row per sportsman, and columns for unchangeable attributes of each athlete like, name, date of birth, contact, etc. Also in this table you should have a reference column to the Clubs table. 

A third table should be Stats, this will have a ref column to Sportsmen table, a DateTime column as the timestamp of a stat register, and relevant stats columns like: weight, speed, blood pressure, etc. 

When you model your data like this, you'll be able to easily retrieve any information you need.

I highly encourage you to read the guides below carefully. Should you need any assistance, the community is here to help.

All the best!

Data: The Essentials | AppSheet Help Center 

References Between Tables | AppSheet Help Center 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

One approach..

Create two tables, SPORTS_RESULTS & TEST_RESULTS with a ref col back to the athlete.

This way, when you choose an athlete, you can navigate easily to enter results in either of the RESULTS tables.

This navigation will be automatically created via the ref columns.

https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/961426-references-between-tables

Besides simple stats like average, min, max, count etc. you need to write your own expressions and use it to be displayed in charts

Here is stats reporting capability.

https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/961557-charts-the-essentials

Hope this will get you a bit further in your new project!

Ask more questions here when they come up.

The community is here to help you.

Welcome to the community!

What you describe is not complex to achieve. You just need to setup your data accordingly. 

Basically you need to setup a Clubs table, with clubs in rows, and columns holding the attributes specific to each team.

Another table you should have is Sportsmen, where you'll have one row per sportsman, and columns for unchangeable attributes of each athlete like, name, date of birth, contact, etc. Also in this table you should have a reference column to the Clubs table. 

A third table should be Stats, this will have a ref column to Sportsmen table, a DateTime column as the timestamp of a stat register, and relevant stats columns like: weight, speed, blood pressure, etc. 

When you model your data like this, you'll be able to easily retrieve any information you need.

I highly encourage you to read the guides below carefully. Should you need any assistance, the community is here to help.

All the best!

Data: The Essentials | AppSheet Help Center 

References Between Tables | AppSheet Help Center 

thank you for your feedback,

I'm going to go back to work with this help, it should unblock me I think!

Top Labels in this Space