select and merge from one view to the other

Hello. I'm having some issues with an app helping managers to do what they should. Before it was just a table in excel and now should be the app. A bunch of columns for what a customer wants and when exactly he wants it combined with a fairly primitive calculator for prime cost and waste and  etc.

the one problem occured, since that's a printing house with the order itself it's working ok on the test, but when manager needs to form a run (e.g. one customer but 2 or 3 orders they supposed to print in a single run) they can't do it. 

Is there a tool for picking multiple rows you need (with a default check box thing i hope) and merge it in another view for example making it just one below the other with a SUM in  "cost" column and some other. Would really appreciate any help! Pic related below for a brief understanding what they want me to doappsheit.jpg

Solved Solved
0 6 191
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Then I would suggest to create a separate "Runs" table.  Create a Form to add rows to that table where the managers select, from a dropdown list, the Orders they wish to be part of that run.  You can then use the "Related Orders" column to SUM() up values from the selected rows in whatever way you wish.

Not only can mangers visual these Run rows but the generation of a document for that Run is fairly straight forward. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

@Schlf wrote:

merge it in another view for example making it just one below the other with a SUM in  "cost" column and some other

This is not clear but you are trying to describe the problem with a solution you have in mind.

Instead, just describe the goal you are trying to achieve WITHOUT referring to the app.  Pretend no decision to use an app has been made yet.

Thanks. Alright. The table itself contains "oders" for some products that needs to be printed also specifications for machinery operators, total cost, margin and etc for accountants. A row is one so-called "order". But managers need sometimes to form a "run" of 2 or more orders with same company but different products (so, a few specifications, different product names and so on) and sum up total cost, margin, and weight. Basically that's what i need exactly

What is supposed to happen with a "Run"?

• Is it something you want viewed in the app?  If so, should it be kept for future reference?  
  • Or is a "Run" sent to a generated document such as a PDF and then sent by email?
  • Or maybe both - first viewed int he app and then submitted to generate a doc and send by email?
  • Other?

I see it as "both" option, Since the app supposed to store data like a primitive db, and all these things will be printed anyway, so document like pdf would do fine

Then I would suggest to create a separate "Runs" table.  Create a Form to add rows to that table where the managers select, from a dropdown list, the Orders they wish to be part of that run.  You can then use the "Related Orders" column to SUM() up values from the selected rows in whatever way you wish.

Not only can mangers visual these Run rows but the generation of a document for that Run is fairly straight forward. 

Thanks a lot. I'll try that

Top Labels in this Space