send a push notification from a public app to a secure app

I have two white label apps, one requests technicians assistance(public) and the other receives these requests(secure). when a new request is added from the public add i want to send a push notification to the specific technician on the secure app.  the notifications worked when testing on the appsheets app but do not work with the whitelabled versions 

0 15 400
15 REPLIES 15

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

i have already enabled push notifications, using the firebase api. but when record is added on my public app i need to send a push notification to the user on my secure per user app. 

How is the automation that sends the notification triggered?

the public app has an automation that when a record is added it sends a notification to the email referenced in the new record 

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

What does the monitor tell you?

Monitor automation - AppSheet Help

all the statues say complete on the monitor. just to be sure we are on the same page the intention is to send a notification from the public app to the secure app. the automation is running on the public app

Ah. I've not worked with notifications at all, but I'd expect notifications can only be sent to users of the same app; you can't send notifications to users of a different app. You would have to find some way to get the recipient and message to the secure app, then have the secure app send the notification.

okay, would it then be possible to run an automation that checks when a new row is added to the table on google sheets, when the row is added it will then send the notification? 

Absolutely that's possible!

okay how would i go about having it where my public app would add a new row, then the secure app would check for a new row added?

hi thanks for the suggestion, i tried it out but it only sends the notification when i manually add a row to google sheets. i need it to send when a row is added from a different app

Additional ideas to investigate:

• Use an Apps Script script on the spreadsheet that is triggered by a new row to make a data change via the AppSheet API in the "secure" app that in turn triggers a notification.
  • In the "secure" app, create scheduled automations that run periodically (e.g., hourly during working hours) to check for new rows and, as necessary, send notifications.

Thanks, the first option seems to be more inline with my intentions. do you have any documentation to help get started on the process?

Top Labels in this Space