share the app for users question

Hi there, should I add any users gmail in this sharing box below:

Untitledgjgh.jpg

I only have a table in my Google sheet for users and I've added formula in the show if ...  but I have not added my users in the share app section.

is that ok? 

Solved Solved
0 7 126
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

With the whitelist (shared users) you control who can use the app.. and have access to your data through the app. If you don't have any emails in the whitelist, and the authentication is off, who ever can open the app. Using Show_If with columns is not a secured way either.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

With the whitelist (shared users) you control who can use the app.. and have access to your data through the app. If you don't have any emails in the whitelist, and the authentication is off, who ever can open the app. Using Show_If with columns is not a secured way either.

Unless, editor permission is given to the other or new users they can't change the app definition , controls etc .. am I right here ?

When UX are blocked to specific users or unapproved users . How can they access the app?  Atleast is it not secured method to some extent? @AleksiAlkio 

use email id. For better security purposes...

Only "Edit definition" permission will give the access to change the app itself in the editor. Using Show_If with columns or hiding views doesn't have anything to do with the security because the data is in user's device.. and if the user knows the app's URL, who ever can open the app if the auth is off.

Thanks we will improve further our security system.

Thank you all indeed

You're welcome!

Top Labels in this Space