show if column error "Cannot compare List with Text"

I have one master table "Order_Details" and two other tables "Sales_Order" and "Return_Order" which are linked to the master table "Order_Details". Note that both the tables (Sales_Order and Return_Order) have Ref column "Order_ID" that creates a link to the master table. Now, out of all the columns in the master table "Order_Details", there's one column "Return Status" which I want to show only when a user enters the "Order_ID" in the "Return_Order" table and keep it hidden when a user enters "Order_ID" in "Sales_Order" table. To do this I'm using this formula in "Show_If" - Return_Order[Order_ID]<>"", but this is giving me an error "Cannot compare List with Text in (Return_Order[Order_ID] <> "")"

Solved Solved
0 4 222
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You want to use ISNOTBLANK(Return_Order[Order_ID]) - this proper;y detect that the list is not empty.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

@dhaval wrote:

Return_Order[Order_ID]<>""

What do you think this means?

It means that the "Order_Id" field in the "Return_Order" table is not empty.

I want to establish logic that When a user access data through the "Order_Return" table "Return_Status" should be visible so that he can add value to a respective row of the "Return Status" column. But, when a user access data through "Sales_Order" table, he doesn't need to view the "Return_Status" column. 

In the Show? expression, you'll want to use CONTEXT(), like this:

("Return_Order_Detail" <> CONTEXT("View"))

You want to use ISNOTBLANK(Return_Order[Order_ID]) - this proper;y detect that the list is not empty.

Top Labels in this Space