slices [Cognome Nome] = [_THISROW].[Cognome Nome] not working

I inserted this filter but it doesn't work, in short I would like to open a view that by clicking on the row makes me see the data connected to the selected row in a new view.

Immagine 2023-09-21 141458.png

Solved Solved
0 10 345
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@personal_zona wrote:

it's not very customizable, with format rules

How so?

@personal_zona wrote:

Is it possible that the filter on slices isn't working for me?

Not quite sure what this question means. You can't filter a slice via the user's current context, so your initial approach at the start of this thread just can't be done like that. Not to mention that it's a nonsense formula.

Another option to try. You already have the slice for unique [cognome nome] values. Create a second slice for unique combinations of [cognome nome] and [schede] together, with:
[_THISROW] = MAXROW( table , rownumber , AND( [cognome]=thisrow.cognome , [schede]=thisrow.schede))

Then set up your target view on that 2nd slice and use a much simpler LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW action that just matches the [cognome nome].

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

That's not how slices work. For what you want, I'd try a LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW action as the row select behavior.

I know this method, but I can't use it because I have to get a view from two slices connected to each other.

Immagine 2023-09-21 164220.pngImmagine 2023-09-21 164301.png

I'm afraid that doesn't make much sense, can you elaborate? Slices can't really be "connected". Why can't you use LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW?

By associating the two slices with the first slice with the filter

Useremail()=[_THISROW].[EMAIL]

everything works or with the filter

[Surname Name]="ROSSI"

everything works instead with

[Last Name]=[_THISROW].[Last Name],

doesn't work.

Instead with LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW() I tried this filter

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW('SC', AND([Surname Name]=[_thisrow].[Surname Name] , [circuitoID]=maxrow("circuit", "_ROWNUMBER", AND([Surname Name]=[_thisrow].[Surname Name ] , [tabs]=[_thisrow-1].[Tabs] ) ) ) )

but besides being very slow it doesn't give me any results.. thanks in advance..

Si 

Have you tried simply using drill-down group-by in the view config?

Yes, it's the one I currently use, but it's not very customizable, with format rules. Is it possible that the filter on slices isn't working for me?

Immagine 2023-09-25 081408.png

@personal_zona wrote:

it's not very customizable, with format rules

How so?

@personal_zona wrote:

Is it possible that the filter on slices isn't working for me?

Not quite sure what this question means. You can't filter a slice via the user's current context, so your initial approach at the start of this thread just can't be done like that. Not to mention that it's a nonsense formula.

Another option to try. You already have the slice for unique [cognome nome] values. Create a second slice for unique combinations of [cognome nome] and [schede] together, with:
[_THISROW] = MAXROW( table , rownumber , AND( [cognome]=thisrow.cognome , [schede]=thisrow.schede))

Then set up your target view on that 2nd slice and use a much simpler LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW action that just matches the [cognome nome].

It works perfectly... thank you so much. My ignorance has no limits....I'll post images of the slices created and their views. THANK YOU SO MUCH AGAIN...

schede0.pngelenco clienti.pngschede1.pngACTION SC.pngschede elenco.png

Top Labels in this Space