some questions about how the appsheet works and about payment methods

Hello,

I'm newbie about using appsheet. Recently, I created a prototype form with the option to be personal and disable "Require user signin".

It is working very well, but I want to implement the system

Still as a prototype, I shared the link with several people. I noticed that the system works smoothly with several people using it simultaneously. However, people using "Iphone" are advised to install the "appsheet" application. This caused people to install the "appsheet" and log in with their "Gmail" account.

As the "personal" option was enabled, then I received a notice to change to another plan. So I disabled the personal option and it started working again without alerts. But I was reading and saw that only 10 people can use the app with their "gmail".

My questions:
when the application reaches 10 people, will I be prompted to change the plan? Also, will the 11th person be blocked from accessing the app?

which plan would be interesting to me?

Remembering that I don't need them to access the email, but we have this problem with those who use iPhone and don't have knowledge about it.

@Steve    @Joseph_Seddik   

Solved Solved
0 5 404
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Maybe what you actually need is a Public App - aka Publisher Pro apps.  These are apps where no sign-in is required, you can have unlimited user access and cost only $50/month per app.  You can find information about them on the Pricing page after scrolling down a ways.

Since these apps have no user sign-in you do not know who the users actually are.  So your app is at the mercy of the users.  They could access the app many times registering each time with different details.

BUT... you can present a registration Form for a user to fill in and submit.  And if you so desire you could allow them access to any "public" or non-secured information.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

"Personal" apps are free-to-use apps, even when deployed, and intended for the App Creator only.  

The 10 user limit refers to test users on an undeployed app.  You are allowed up to 10 users for testing purposes while prototyping.  If you were to add more you will likely get warnings and eventually the app could potentially become disabled.  You can have the 10 test users on the app indefinitely.

Once the app is in a deployed state (except Personal apps), you will be expected to pay any licensing or App fees associated with the app based on its feature set.  To determine the Plan Requirements for the app, you can use the App analyzer found under the Manage->Author tab.  (See picture below)

Screen Shot 2022-08-25 at 7.54.36 PM.png

As for your users asked to install AppSheet, that is the expected behavior. 

AppSheet apps are web apps.   They will run using a browser link on any device that supports running a browser - no additional software required. 

Most App Creators prefer the apps to look and feel just like mobile apps,  For that purpose there is a specific AppSheet "container" app designed for each of mobile devices.  This container app will host the actual AppSheet web app.  If you invite users to use the app, the invitation will, by default, ask for the user to install the AppSheet container and then will run the app in that container.  If you wish users to simply run it from their browser, you would need to send them the browser link on your own.

Thanks for the help, but it still wasn't what I expected. See, I didn't share the "app", but I shared the exact link. It turns out that whoever uses "Iphone" accessing the link through "Safari" receives an installation suggestion. This causes the user to install and log into their Google account. There's the problem! I made an app that doesn't require the user to log into their account, as it's just a form. What is happening is a frustration when accessing the link on the Iphone. I want to implement the app and subscribe to a plan, but it's still unclear to me how many people can use it without having to log into an account. Also, if people log into your account by mistake, then I want to know what will happen if more than 10 people log in. Losing the app because I have no control is very frustrating.

Account and billing: The Essentials - AppSheet Help

And always remember that AppSheet is not a tool for any job, it's mainly B2B

Where can I find this information on the appsheet page?

I want to try to better understand this application so as not to waste time investing, since it is not a tool that works for everything.

It is serving me very well, I only use it to register customer information and then add other information about them. Basically a form.

Maybe what you actually need is a Public App - aka Publisher Pro apps.  These are apps where no sign-in is required, you can have unlimited user access and cost only $50/month per app.  You can find information about them on the Pricing page after scrolling down a ways.

Since these apps have no user sign-in you do not know who the users actually are.  So your app is at the mercy of the users.  They could access the app many times registering each time with different details.

BUT... you can present a registration Form for a user to fill in and submit.  And if you so desire you could allow them access to any "public" or non-secured information.

Top Labels in this Space