split values visually into groups but save in one column

I do have a column with a lot of possible values to choose from. At the moment I have these as separate buttons. Those values could be split into different groups, but should be in the same column after recording. Is it possible to group them only visually? What I'm thinking of is a kind of subtitles which groups the value-buttons. Do you have any recommendation if it is possible and how?

Solved Solved
1 6 128
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Generally.... what you're wanting to do you can't - so this is really all a work around....

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Your method, of having different entry fields for each group, might be the way to go.  

For your final answer, simply combine the different data entry fields into one master list.

• If your buttons are enum type
    • list([enum1], [enum2], [enum3], etc...)

• If your buttons are enumLIST type
    • [EnumList1] + [EnumList2] + [EnumList3] + etc...

I don't get it.
At the moment I'm having one EnumList with a lot of values as separate button for each value. Those buttons should be visually grouped.
How should I use the list([enum1], [enum2], [enum3], etc...) or [EnumList1] + [EnumList2] + [EnumList3] + etc...?

I thought you were saying you already have multiple enumlist fields, each with the separate groups of options.

- I would consider something along this route

ah, no I don't.. this would lead to more columns in the spreadsheet including the one which all infos should be combined. but probably that's the only possbility?

Probably yeah. The only other option would be to separate your lists into their own groups, in separate lists somewhere else in the system; then call the groups and add them together inside your valid if space, this will combine all of the elements from the list together but in the order of the groups.

There's probably a few other ways you could do this as well, got to love app sheet! ๐Ÿ™‚

Generally.... what you're wanting to do you can't - so this is really all a work around....

Top Labels in this Space