sum a column in a spreadsheet and mail/message to reciepient

M4dhav

its pretty much what the subject says, except i need the message to be sent at 12 am after the sum is updated, as the sheet is linked to a Google Form which is updated daily. I'm a first year CS student so dont really know anything about stuff like this rn. Followed some links and apparently appsheets can help me do this automation but i cant figure it out. Please help.

0 1 34
1 REPLY 1

First, I'll make an assumption that you have created an app from your sheet, have the necessary tables in your AppSheet app, have properly defined your columns of data and now attempting to send an Email with the summed value.

Getting the SUM() is easy.  You can actually perform the expression in the body of the email using per-processing syntax.  For example you might place in your email body something like:

The sum is: <<SUM(SELECT(Tablename[Column to Sum]))>>

In the example expression Tablename and [Column to Sum] are just placeholder names. You would replace them for your use case and add any additional filtering criteria to select the rows to be summed.  See the link above.

If you also need help on how to setup automation to send an email, start by reading this Sending an email using Automation 

Top Labels in this Space